Step Up (SU)
Description: Step Up is an alcohol and drug-free transitional housing program encompassing five homes located in the cities of Madison and Tomah, WI that house single male veterans that need additional assistance in their move to independent living. Veterans that have reached a certain phase of the GPD program, have an income commensurate to independent living and have verified reasons for the additional program stay will be moved into this program to complete transitional housing services.
Maximum # of beds available: 7 in Madison, 12 in Tomah
- Must be a male veteran who has reached a certain phase in the VAF GPD transitional housing program,
- Income must be established and stable,
- Medical, mental health and substance abuse issues must be stable.
- Case Management,
- Bi-weekly one-on-one meetings,
- Maintain a savings account to assist in their move into independent living (first and last month's rent and household furnishings),
- Alcohol and drug free living,
- Bi-monthly Town Hall Meetings,
- Agree to follow program policies and procedures,
- Pay program rent,
- Participate in volunteer activities.
Who to contact for more information: Referrals start with our Case Managers at (608) 372-8387.
Contact Step-Up Program Director Dawn Ollendick at 608-372-1282 for more details on the Step-Up Program.
Funding Source: US Department of Veterans Affairs, Grant and Per Diem Program