Our goal is to help as many veterans as possible. In order to do so, we have clearly defined parameters of who we are able to help so that we can fulfill our mission. People who meet the following are eligible to apply for assistance from VAF:
- Any man or woman who has served on active duty in the U.S. Military at any time. Service dates will be confirmed.
- The Veteran will be assessed, by staff, over a 7-day period, for admissions or appropriate referral.
- The Veteran is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless at time of application.
- The Veteran must be motivated to seek employment, apply for disability/pension or enroll in an educational training program.
- The Veteran's medical and mental condition must be stable.
- The Veteran must be willing to work with a case manager and clinical staff to establish an individual case plan and comply with program policy and procedures.
- The Veteran must manage his/her own medication.
- The Veteran must commit to alcohol and drug free living.
- Veterans accepted into the program will be assessed a program fee equal to 30% of adjusted net income earned while enrolled.
If you meet these criteria, please call 866-823-VETS (8387) to arrange an appointment to complete a program referral.